The transfer window is open, and Transfer Talk has the latest rumours making the rounds. Follow along with our daily blog throughout the summer.
TOP STORY: Man United launch Willian raid
Jose Mourinho is ready to spend £60 million to be reunited with Chelsea midfielder Willian at Old Trafford, reports the Daily Mail.
Mourinho is a keen admirer of Willian’s qualities, having overcome interest from Liverpool and Spurs to bring the Brazilian to Stamford Bridge in 2013.
Since the manager’s departure to Manchester United, Willian has struggled to hold down a regular place at Chelsea, starting only 20 matches in the Premier League last season.
The 29-year-old hid Antonio Conte in an Instagram photo celebrating the Blues’ FA Cup victory, leading to speculation that he is eager to move on this summer.
And United front the queue for his signature, with Mourinho convinced Willian would follow Nemanja Matic’s example and become a big hit at Old Trafford.
10.55 BST: While Celtic completed the signing of Odsonne Edouard last week, they could be about to lose Moussa Dembele.
Foot Mercato in France say that Borussia Dortmund have ask about the forward several times in the last few days.
10.45 BST: Swansea goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski has told Polish publication Przeglad Sportowy that “there is something in it” regarding a potential transfer to West Ham.
10.35 BST: The father of Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic says a move to Juventus would be best for his son.
Milinkovic-Savic impressed for Serbia in their 1-0 World Cup win against Costa Rica yesterday, and has been strongly linked with Manchester United this window.
10.30 BST: Sky in Italy say that West Ham have reopened talks with Paris Saint-Germain for Javier Pastore.
PSG are in desperate need of raising funds because of Financial Fair Play, and Roma have pulled out of the running over Pastore’s wage demands.
10.20 BST: The agent of Napoli midfielder Jorginho has told TuttoMercatoWeb that this week will be crucial in resolving his future.
The Italy international is expected to move to Manchester City this window.
10.10 BST: Antoine Griezmann went full-LeBron James to tell the world he would be staying at Atletico Madrid and not moving to Barcelona.
Barca were sure that the France forward would join, but Mundo Deportivo report they are now turning their attentions to Juventus playmaker Miralem Pjanic, Ajax’s Frenkie de Jong, and bringing forward a deal for Gremio’s Arthur.
They are also looking at Sevilla centre-back Clement Lenglet, who has been linked with Manchester United.
10.00 BST: Sources close to Leicester have told ESPN FC that they are set to beat Southampton to the signing of highly-rated Norwich midfielder James Maddison.
09.55 BST: Belgium open their World Cup campaign against Panama today, and manager Roberto Martinez has insisted that this is the sole focus.
Chelsea’s Eden Hazard and Thibaut Courtois, and Tottenham’s Toby Alderweireld and Mousa Dembele, will all sort out their club futures after the tournament, report the Evening Standard.
09.45 BST: On the front cover of Corriere dello Sport: Juventus are reportedly looking at Bayern Munich pair Robert Lewandowski and Jerome Boateng.
Ecco la #primapagina di oggi: #Clamoroso: il #Messico batte i campioni del mondo della #Germania e la #Svizzera blocca #Neymar; #Juve: Über #Bayern; #MotoGP, #Ducati vince #Ducati perde; Leggi l’#edizionedigitale ➡️ https://t.co/QKVugSQgEK pic.twitter.com/TyFZPY8kLp
— Corriere dello Sport (@CorSport) June 18, 2018
09.35 BST: Kicker suggests Borussia Dortmund would be willing to listen to offers for Christian Pulisic once they have toured the U.S. this summer.
The paper says they have not received any bids so far, but Dortmund believe that it will be difficult to tie the forward to a new contract with his current deal ending in 2020. Liverpool and Tottenham have been linked in the past.
09.20 BST: AC Milan’s director of football Massimiliano Mirabelli did not rule out making a move for Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata but insisted they will wait to learn the extent of their Financial Fair Play punishment before entering the transfer market.
Morata scored just 15 goals in 48 games in all competitions for Chelsea, and rumours are rife about his future at Stamford Bridge.
09.10 BST: L’Equipe are reporting that Tottenham could make a bid for Lyon’s €40 million-rated midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, with chairman Daniel Levy “determined” to get a deal done.
The 21-year-old could replace Mousa Dembele in the Spurs midfield, who continues to be linked with a move to Serie A.
09.00 BST: Jack Wilshere‘s future continues to be a topic as the midfielder’s Arsenal contract enters its final weeks. The Sun reckons that West Ham United are confident they can attract Wilshere to the London Stadium with the offer of a four-year, £130,000-a-week contract, while the Daily Mirror reports that another London club, Crystal Palace, are in the hunt.
08.30 BST: ‘Super agent’ Mino Raiola (as he must always be known) is doing his best to tout client Mario Balotelli around this summer, saying the striker would fit in well at Marseille.
Raiola told RMC: “We have a good relationship with Marseille and I know the director very well, so we’ll see. It’s too soon to say now. Mario is very emotional and he always gives 100 percent and that could marry very well with the Marseillaise mentality. The fans are very passionate there. But it’s too soon to talk about a move to Marseille, we’ll have to wait and see.”
08.00 BST: Despite his failure to keep a clean sheet in Sunday night’s 1-1 draw against Switzerland, Brazil goalkeeper Alisson is on the front cover of Marca this morning.
According to the Spanish sport daily, Roma have quoted Real MAdrid €70m for the player, while the European champions are only willing to go as far as €50m.
PAPER TALK: Fekir back on the market
Liverpool might have pulled out of a deal for Nabil Fekir, but the Lyon star could still make his way to the Premier League this summer.
According to The Sun, Fekir has been offered to Chelsea and Spurs for £66m, after Liverpool refused to pay more than £53m due to concerns over the playmaker’s medical.
The Reds reportedly raised doubts over a serious knee injury the France international suffered earlier in his career, leaving Jurgen Klopp to pursue other targets.
But Lyon could still strike a deal for their prized asset, depending on whether Chelsea and Spurs see him as the perfect addition to strengthen their squads.
Liverpool line up alternatives
There had been talk of Liverpool potentially revisiting the Fekir transfer after the World Cup, but the latest developments suggest the Reds will now look elsewhere.
TalkSport says Morocco international Hakim Ziyech is just one of the names under consideration, following his impressive performances for Ajax in the Eredivisie.
Ziyech finished the season as the league’s top assist-provider, laying on 15 goals as well as scoring nine of his own.
Roma have also been linked with a €30m move for the 25-year-old, but Ziyech would surely be tempted by a switch to Anfield.
Ziyech isn’t the only name on Liverpool’s shortlist, though, with the Daily Mirror linking the Champions League finalists with a bid for highly rated Brazil youngster Lucas Paqueta.
The 20-year-old forward has impressed since breaking into the first team at Flamengo, and is reported to have a release clause of £43m.
Meanwhile, the Mirror also claims that Liverpool will activate the £35m buyout clause of Porto left-back Alex Telles.
The 25-year-old has previously been tracked by Chelsea, but a move to Anfield appears more likely at this stage.
– Petr Cech is being lined up for a loan move to Napoli, claims The Sun. With Arsenal aiming to bring in £22m-rated Bayer Leverkusen keeper Bernd Leno, the 36-year-old might be forced to leave in search of first-team football.
– Norwich playmaker James Maddison is caught at the centre of a transfer tug-of-war between Leicester and Southampton, says the Guardian. The 21-year-old scored 15 goals in the Championship last season and is regarded as a future England international.
– Mario Balotelli is leaning toward joining Marseille this summer, his agent Mino Raiola has told RMC Sport. The striker is available for nothing after his Nice contract expired, but his wage demands could still block a move to the Velodrome.
– Hoffenheim striker Andrej Kramaric is being linked to Bayern Munich by media in his homeland, Croatia. Hoffenheim manager Alexander Rosen said last month that the Bundesliga club had turned down a bid of over €30m for Kramaric from an unnamed Italian club.