The transfer window is open, and Transfer Talk has the latest rumours making the rounds. Follow live with our daily blog throughout the summer.
TOP STORY: West Ham to resist Arnautovic offers
West Ham remain adamant that Marko Arnautovic is not for sale despite interest from Manchester United, says the Evening Standard.
Reports emerged on Wednesday that United are plotting a £50 million move for the Hammers’ record signing, whom Jose Mourinho managed during his spell at Inter Milan. Later that night Mourinho was spotted at Austria’s friendly against Russia, fueling speculation that a bid for the 29-year-old forward is imminent.
But according to the Standard, West Ham “consider Arnautovic off limits” following a debut season that saw him claim 11 goals in the Premier League.
Instead, the Hammers intend to strengthen their squad, with new manager Manuel Pellegrini set to be handed a £75m transfer budget.
22.27 BST: Wafford have announced they are retaining defender Miguel Britos on a one-year contract. The Uruguayan has made 68 appearances for the Hornets since arriving from Napoli in the summer of 2015.
📝 | #watfordfc‘s retained list following the end of the 2017/18 season has been confirmed.
Among the headlines, the Hornets have exercised the one-year option on Miguel Britos’ contract.
— Watford Football Club (@WatfordFC) May 31, 2018
22.04 BST: Newly-promoted Wolves are looking to be aggressive this summer and have zeroed in on a familiar face as a potential signing.
Crystal Palace’s Bakary Sako, who plied his trade with Wolves between 2012-15 is 2/1 with BetVictor to move back to the Molineux. The Mali international experienced a bit of a renaissance last season, scoring six goals in 16 games last season before fracturing his ankle in February.
Could the fan favourite be headed for a move back “home”?
21.45 BST: Jordi Alba is coming off of a terrific season but without a new contract on the table, the Spain international could be on the way out of the Camp Nou.
Alba, who scored three goals and produced 12 assists last season as a full-back, has told Sport he is intrigued by the allure of the Premier League.
The full-back has stated he wants to finish his career in Catalonia but growing frustrated with his current contract situation, the Premier League is looking more and more like a legitimate option.
Man United and Chelsea are the two Premier League clubs expected to battle for the driving full-back’s services.
21.26 BST: — DONE DEAL — League One newcomers Coventry City have made a notable signing.
The Sky Blues have signed former Crystal Palace and underage England wunderkind Reise Allassani. Allassani arrives at Coventry after an impressive National League season with Dulwich Hamlet in which he scored 17 goals in 31 games and fired his side to promotion.
Allessani, no 22, was once thought to be one of the brightest young talents in England before a serious knee injury put his career on pause.
21.04 BST: A hot name during last summer’s transfer window, Leander Dendoncker’s name is popping up again with a move to one of Europe’s Big 5 leagues.
Once linked with Man United, the 23-year-old midfielder is being tracked by West Ham and Crystal Palace but a new team has entered the fold.
Belgian outlet Voetbalkrant claim that Valencia has now entered the race to sign the Anderlecht talent. Dendoncker will be looking to add to his value this summer at the World Cup with trendy pick Belgium.
20.40 BST: With West Brom having been relegated, James McClean is a player rumoured to be on his way out of he club.
McClean played 30 times last season for WBA and new Stoke boss Gary Rowett previously tried to sign the Derry man when he was in charge of Derby County.
20.20 BST: Arsenal have agreed to terms with Juventus and Switzerland defender Stephan Lichtsteiner, according to Italian outlet Gazzetta dello Sport.
Neither club have confirmed a deal yet but it sounds as if Arsenal are close to securing the 34-year-old full-back on a one-year contract.
19.42 BST: Juventus are reportedly set to battle a pair of London clubs for two summer transfers.
First, TUTTOmercatoWEB claim that Juve are now favourites over Tottenham to sign highly sought-after Ajax defender Matthijs de Ligt. The 18-year-old is one of the best young defenders in Europe and is being rated at around £35 million.
The other potential Juventus signing to watch is Lorenzo Pellegrini from Roma.
Arsenal have been the club heavily linked with the soon-to-be 22-year-old but now Calciomercato claim that Juventus are scheduled for talks with Pellegrini’s agent and could be the club to activate his £22 million release clause.
There sure seems to be a lot going on in Turin at the moment.
19:11 BST: — DONE DEAL — Scottish Championship side Dundee United have been busy and just announced one signing and are reportedly close to another.
The club have announced that they have signed 20-year-old defender Sam Wardrop from Celtic on a two-year-deal.
— Dundee United FC (@dundeeunitedfc) May 31, 2018
The BBC are reporting that the Terrors have also signed 25-year-old winger Nathan Ralph from English National League side Woking.
Dundee look to be making a push for promotion, having last played in Scotland’s top flight back in 2015-16.
18.47 BST: The other day we mentioned a report that claimed that Tottenham had already turned down two bids from AC Milan for Mousa Dembele.
Now Dembele is being linked with a move to Milan’s archrivals Inter, with Corrieredellosport.it claiming the Belgian has already “said yes” to the Nerazzurri.
Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio is currently in London to negotiate a deal for the 30-year-old midfielder, who previously announced he would not consider signing a contract extension with Spurs until after the World Cup.
18.20 BST: Another day, another player linked to Manchester United.
German paper Bild allege that Bayern Munich midfielder Thiago Alcantara has told the club he wants to leave in seek of a new challenge,
Manchester United have been linked with the Spain international multiple times in recent years and figure to be one of the favourites to land the 27-year-old.
17.57 BST: With Chelsea legend Frank Lampard taking over at Derby County, rumours have been swirling regarding potential transfer targets.
One name that has popped up is Lampard’s old Chelsea teammate John Terry. The 37-year-old defender played last season at fellow Championship side Aston Villa but is out of contract.
Could Lampard and Terry link back up?
Lampard seemed to brush that idea off, saying, “There are conversations ongoing across the board, that isn’t one of them. These conversations start now. John’s had a great career but we’ll concentrate on what we want to do here.”
Terry has said he is open to playing another season.
17.10 BST: Ivan Marcano has signed a three-year contract with Roma from Porto, with the option for a fourth.
Marcano, who turns 31 next month, said on Thursday he is “very happy” with the move “because Roma is a great club that is moving in the right direction, following a clear sporting project.”
Marcano has spent the past four seasons at Porto and helped it lift the Portuguese title last campaign.
He started his career at Racing Santander before going on to play for Villarreal and Getafe in Spain. Marcano also played for Olympiakos in Greece and Russian side Rubin Kazan.
17.00 BST: Earlier this week, news broke that Robert Lewandowski has told Bayern Munich he wants to leave.
The exodus does not stop with the No. 9, though. SportBILD are reporting that Jerome Boateng, Arturo Vidal and Juan Bernat can leave if the right offer comes in.
16.55 BST: Zinedine Zidane to France? Current boss Didier Deschamps is not ruling it out…
“I do not have the keys to the French national team to give to him,” he said. “At some point he will be France boss. It seems logical to me & It will happen when it happens.”
Cue jokes about Karim Benzema being called up again.
16.15 BST: Transfer live blog ultras may remember when we talked about the Italian press loving the transfer window…
Corriere dello Sport say that Chelsea and Liverpool are chasing Pescara’s 19-year-old under-21 international Christian Capone.
16.05 BST: Wolves have been handed a boost in their pursuit of Sporting goalkeeper Rui Patricio.
Portuguese newspaper Diario de Noticias says that Carlo Ancelotti and Napoli, who were also thought to be chasing Patricio’s signature, would rather sign Paris Saint-Germain’s Alphonse Areola or Bayer Leverkusen’s Bernd Leno.
15.35 BST: Some interesting news coming from Sky in Italy regarding Chelsea and their goalkeeper plans…
— Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) May 31, 2018
– Sky Sports News (@SkySportsNews) May 31, 2018
15.30 BST: Riyad Mahrez and Jorginho are expected to join Manchester City shortly, according to PA Sport.
15.10 BST: It’s official, Marco Silva is the new manager of Everton.
Silva arrives at Goodison Park replacing Sam Allardyce, who departed at the end of the 2017-18 season.
14.05 BST: A non-starter, we reckon…
Ken Bates back to Chelsea?
— Charles Watts (@charles_watts) May 31, 2018
Ken Bates back to Chelsea?
– Charles Watts (@charles_watts) May 31, 2018
14.00 BST: Sticking with A Bola, and they believe Marco Silva will shortly be unveiled as Everton manager — and will support the club’s pursuit of Sporting midfielder William Carvalho.
13.30 BST: Portuguese outlet A Bola say that Manchester United target Diogo Dalot will have a medical at the club in the next few days.
Porto full-back Dalot looks set to become United’s first summer signing.
13.00 BST: Potentially good news, West Ham fans! Sky Sports are reporting that the Hammers are targeting Lazio forward Felipe Anderson.
Though one could speculate whether he would be seen as an Arnautovic replacement…
12.25 BST: Uh oh, West Ham fans, those Marko Arnautovic rumours to Manchester United just got cranked up a notch.
He was spotted at Austria’s friendly against Croatia — it is possible he could have been taking another look at Inter’s Ivan Perisic.
12.15 BST: So it’s official — Zinedine Zidane is leaving Real Madrid.
“I wanted to thank the fans who have always backed me,” he said emotively.
You can follow more of this on ESPN FC.
11.50 BST: Some big news from BBC Sport regarding Manchester City…
Manchester City are hopeful of completing the double signing of Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez and Napoli midfielder Jorginho by the end of next week.
Manchester City are hopeful of completing the double signing of Leicester winger Riyad Mahrez and Napoli midfielder Jorginho by the end of next week.
— BBC Sport (@BBCSport) May 31, 2018
– BBC Sport (@BBCSport) May 31, 2018
11.40 BST: Corriere dello Sport believe Daniel Levy has given the go-ahead for Mousa Dembele to leave Tottenham for €30 million, with an entourage from Inter travelling to London to negotiate further.
These claims are now being backed up by The Telegraph, but with the price quoted at £20 million.
11.20 BST: The Standard are now also reporting that Gonzalo Higuain has been offered to Chelsea by Juventus in an attempt to sweeten a deal for Alvaro Morata.
11.10 BST: Unai Emery wants to hand Aaron Ramsey a new contract, but Mesut Ozil’s significant wage rise this year means negotiating could be a tough ask, report the Evening Standard.
Manchester United and Barcelona have been linked with the midfielder.
11.00 BST: Real Madrid have announced Zinedine Zidane will appear before the media at 12.00 BST.
A new contract? Leaving? A statement on the futures of Cristiano Ronaldo and Gareth Bale?
10.20 BST: Delaney’s Denmark teammate Christian Eriksen is dominating the press in Spain.
Sport, Mundo Deportivo and Marca have all been talking about a potential transfer from Tottenham to Real Madrid or Barcelona.
When Barcelona-based Sport and Mundo Deportivo talked down a transfer as it would be “impossible” for Eriksen to leave Spurs, Marca stepped in and linked him to the European champions.
That is when the Catalan press decided that this was now a “war” for the Dane. At least Mundo Deportivo have calmed down again and said that he will remain at Spurs.
While sources told ESPN FC yesterday that Tottenham are confident Eriksen will sign a new deal at the club, an interesting saga is starting to brew…
10.10 BST: Over in Germany, Die Welt say Thomas Delaney will join Dortmund from Werder Bremen on Friday in a deal worth €24 million.
10.00 BST: Remember when Arsenal made a €100 million bid for Monaco’s Thomas Lemar on deadline day last year before pulling out?
Well, the French winger will now be allowed to leave the club this summer. L’Equipe report that the same clubs who wanted him last summer — the Gunners, Chelsea, Tottenham, Liverpool, Atletico Madrid and Juventus — are all still interested in securing his signature.
09.35 BST: Despite winning promotion with Fulham, the Daily Mail report that Ryan Fredericks will move across London and join West Ham on a free transfer.
09.25 BST: Some interesting news for Liverpool fans — Brazil legend Cafu has said on camera that Roma goalkeeper Alisson will join Real Madrid and not the Reds…
— Seleção Brasileira (@BrazilStat) May 29, 2018
– Seleção Brasileira (@BrazilStat) May 29, 2018
09.15 BST: Manchester United and Atletico Madrid are keen to sign Monaco full-back Djibril Sidibe, according to L’Equipe. The 25-year-old is under contract until June 2022, but Monaco are willing to let him leave for the right price.
United are also believed to be close to signing Porto right-back Diogo Dalot.
08.40 BST: A-League boss Greg O’Rourke has revealed that talks to bring Japanese star Keisuke Honda to Australia as a marquee players are still very much on.
“Honda is the one we really went after and we’re still talking to his management,” O’Rourke said regarding the former AC Milan playmaker, who recently left Mexican club Pahuca.
“We made a pitch and they came back with a larger number and we’re working through that. We won’t give up until he’s actually gone and signed with a team elsewhere.”
08.20 BST: France coach Didier Deschamps has advised forward Antoine Griezmann that it would be better for him to remain at Atletico Madrid this summer, rather than make his much-mooted move to Barcelon, according to RMC.
Meanwhile, L’Equipe says Griezmann is prepared to wait until after the World Cup to decide where his future lies. According to L’Equipe, his release clause will drop from €200 million to €100m on July 1.
08.00 BST: Roma are close to signing Justin Kluivert from Ajax, according to Sky Sport Italia, who claim their sporting director Monchi met with the player’s agent in Monaco, and must now only reach an agreement with the Dutch club over a €20 million valuation.
On Wednesday, Kluivert — who has also been linked with Manchester Uinted and Tottenham — would not rule out remaining at the club where both he and his father, Patrick, developed as youth players.
“There are exciting moments coming for me. Let’s see what they’re going to be,” he said. “In the end, it’s my decision. I’m not a hundred percent convinced yet. I have to think things through. To stay at Ajax is definitely an option. It certainly is.”
PAPER TALK: Liverpool bid for Fekir …
Liverpool have made an official offer for Nabil Fekir as they step up their interest in the Lyon playmaker, says Le Parisien.
According to the report, the Reds’ opening bid is around the €60m mark, which is believed to be short of Lyon’s demands.
The Ligue 1 club are in no rush to sell their captain, but it’s thought Fekir and Liverpool would like the transfer to be wrapped up before France begin their World Cup campaign on June 16.
Fekir has been tipped to play a key role for his country in Russia, having guided Lyon to Champions League qualification with 18 goals and eight assists.
… and Klopp targets Cillessen
Jurgen Klopp may have found the solution to his goalkeeping quandary in the shape of Barcelona shotstopper Jasper Cillessen, reports Mundo Deportivo.
The 29-year-old is eager to leave the Spanish champions after starting only two La Liga matches in two years since his £11m move from Ajax. The only sticking point is that Barcelona are reluctant to sell, with Liverpool potentially having to meet Cillessen’s €60m release clause.
As Mundo Deportivo points out, the Dutchman’s price tag is considerably less than Alisson’s or Jan Oblak’s, but it still seems steep for a back-up keeper used only in cup competitions. Given current market rates for new No. 1s, Loris Karius might be hopeful of being handed an unlikely reprieve.
Lewandowski’s suitors narrow
Chelsea remain on the trail of Robert Lewandowski despite waiting to resolve the managerial situation at Stamford Bridge, reports the Daily Mirror. The Blues hope to appoint Maurizio Sarri to replace Antonio Conte, with £80m-rated Lewandowski arriving to spearhead a title challenge next season.
Meanwhile, Kicker magazine suggests Real Madrid’s interest in Lewandowski has cooled because his agent Pini Zahavi could not persuade Neymar to join them instead of PSG. Zahavi said on Wednesday that Lewandowski wants to leave Bayern Munich, but while Manchester United and PSG remain interested, Kicker says that Chelsea are the only club to have made a firm offer for Lewandowski.
All the while, Bayern continue to rule out selling Lewandowski, with Kicker saying “it’s a matter of principle.”
— Sergej Milinkovic-Savic has told friends he will snub interest from Man United to join Juventus, claims Calciomercato. The Lazio midfielder has been linked with a £90m move to Old Trafford, but now appears set to stay in Serie A.
— Arsenal are close to recruiting PSG wunderkind Yacine Adli, according to the Mirror. The 17-year-old is apparently “unconvinced by the project” at PSG, and will sign a three-year deal with the Gunners to team up with Unai Emery again.
— Jorginho is just days away from confirming his move to Manchester City, claims la Gazzetta Dello Sport. The English champions will pay around €50m for the midfielder, who la Gazzetta says was the “irreplaceable brain” of the Napoli side that ran Juventus close in the Serie A title race.
— Benjamin Hubner has turned down a move to Everton, says Kicker, because he wants to play in the Champions League with Hoffenheim. The 28-year-old central defender has attracted interest from a host of Premier League clubs.
— RB Leipzig have agreed to terms with left-back Marcelo Saracchi of River Plate, according to Kicker. Leipzig have offered €11.5m but River Plate are holding out for a fee of €13m for the Uruguay under-20 international. Meanwhile, Leipzig have signed right-back Nordi Mukiele from Montpellier on a five-year deal for €16m.
Follow @ESPNFC on Twitter to keep up with the latest football updates.